The nights are wholesome: then no planets strike— No fairy takes—no witch has power to. The sctne wan, indeed, a spectaLcovrr'rar lDlTlON. By Caesar, and the Englishman is now what he was in the days of Crescy and Agincourt. These we have with us always, the dark contrast to the bright side ofthe socislpicture. Cavo bright nights dark days shared files: Here you can download cavo bright nights dark days shared files that we have found in our database. Just click desired file title and download link will show up then click download file button! Listen free to Bubba Sparxxx – Dark Days, Bright Nights (Take Off, Ugly and more). 18 tracks (72:55). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm.
|Dark Days, Bright Nights|
|Studio album by|
|Released||October 9, 2001|
|Bubba Sparxxx chronology|
|Singles from Dark Days, Bright Nights|
Dark Days, Bright Nights is the debut studio album by American hip hop recording artist Bubba Sparxxx from Georgia. It was released on October 9, 2001 via Interscope Records. Recording sessions took place at Westlake Recording Studios in Los Angeles, at the Frat House, Down the Hall Studios, 1210 Studios, Mix it in the Mix, and the Dungeon Recording Studio in Atlanta. Production was handled by Shannon Houchins, Timbaland, Khalifani, Organized Noize, and Gerald Hall. It features guest appearances from Timbaland, Backbone, Bohagon, C.I., Duddy Ken, Kosha, Sebastian and Sleepy Brown.
The album debuted at number 3 on the Billboard 200 with 132,000 copies sold in the first week released. A couple months later the record was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America with an excess of 500,000 copies sold, making it the most successful of his six full-length albums to date.
It includes the hit singles 'Ugly' and 'Lovely'. The song 'Regardless' was not an official single but did receive some radio airplay. The song 'Bubba Talk' featured in The Wash (soundtrack).
|Los Angeles Times|||
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
|The Village Voice||(favorable)|
Bright Nights Dark Days Cavo Album
Dark Days, Bright Nights received generally positive reviews from music critics who praised both Timbaland and Organized Noize's sharp production and Bubba's loose delivery of Southern-fried tales. Steve 'Flash' Juon of RapReviews gave high praise to the album's production for mixing various genres and showcasing Bubba's countrified lyrics, concluding with, 'Thanks to partnering with Timbaland, Bubba Sparxxx succeeds where similar artists such as Tow Down and Haystak didn't - but their day will come too. For now, Sparxxx sits alone atop a rap throne representing a kind of po' white rap even Marshall Mathers only WISHES he knew about'. The Los Angeles Times credited Bubba's energetic flow and lyrics for lifting typical hip-hop tropes into interesting tales, calling it 'Southern gothic as pulp comic book, unsettling and appealing in equal measure'.Kitty Empire of NME praised Bubba for basking in his Southern roots with tracks both introspective and upbeat, concluding that 'Like a country mile, 'Dark Days' is a little long at 19 tracks and 77-plus minutes. But it's crucial to stay the course. Because Bubba talk really is the latest word in hip-hop'.
AllMusic's Stephen Thomas Erlewine noted that Bubba's voice usually gets lost in the production and lacks creativity but said that it still remains a presence throughout the album, due to Timbaland's genre-mixing production matching his energy, concluding that its 'better than most rap debuts of 2001, not just because of the mastermind of Timbaland, but because Bubba Sparxxx is still a strong focal point, even when he tends to repeat himself'.David Browne of Entertainment Weekly commended the album for showcasing Bubba's backwoods world with sharp production and authentic tales but felt that it devolved into materialistic brag rap with a production grab bag that's shifty, saying that, 'Given these ingredients, the potential for a unique, powerful hip-hop statement is considerable. Unfortunately, neither Sparxxx nor his collaborators deliver fully on the promise'. Maurice Bottomley of PopMatters was critical of Bubba throughout the album, saying that his lyrical skills lack variety in wordplay and imagery but found it workmanlike and honest in its delivery, concluding that 'Even so, the world hardly needs another average rap album, which, whether you see Sparxxx as mere marketing gimmick or genuine signifier of the New South, I am afraid, is all Dark Days, Bright Nights represents'.
|3.||'Any Porch'||Shannon 'Fat Shan' Houchins||1:18|
|6.||'Betty Betty'||Shannon 'Fat Shan' Houchins||3:56|
|7.||'All the Same' (featuring Backbone & Sleepy Brown)||Organized Noize||4:24|
|9.||'Open Wide' (featuring Sebastian)||Timbaland||4:47|
|11.||'Twerk a Little' (featuring Timbaland)||Timbaland||4:21|
|12.||'Take'm to the Water' (featuring Duddy Ken)||Shannon 'Fat Shan' Houchins||4:31|
|13.||'Well Water'||Shannon 'Fat Shan' Houchins||4:45|
|14.||'The 1st Whutchacallit'||Khalifani||4:41|
|15.||'Bubba Sparxxx'||Organized Noize||4:29|
|16.||'Regardless' (featuring C.I.)||Shannon 'Fat Shan' Houchins||4:36|
|17.||'If It's Bumpin' (featuring Bo Hagon & Kosha)||Gerald Hall||4:55|
|18.||'Dark Days, Bright Nights'||Shannon 'Fat Shan' Houchins||3:24|
- Sample credits
- 'Bubba Talk' contains elements from 'Les Yeux Noirs (Dark Eyes)' by Coco Briaval and 'Pena' by Šaban Bajramović
- 'Lovely' contains elements from 'Theme from Shaft' by Isaac Hayes
- 'Ugly' contains elements from 'Get Ur Freak On' by Missy Elliott
- Warren Anderson Mathis – vocals
- Timothy Zachary Mosley – vocals (tracks: 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11), producer & mixing (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11)
- Jemmie 'KillaGroove' Watford – vocals (tracks: 3, 18)
- Missy 'Misdemeanor' Elliott – vocals (track 2)
- Wes Whitsett – vocals (track 3)
- Patrick 'Sleepy' Brown – vocals (track 7)
- Jamahr 'Backbone' Williams – vocals (track 7)
- Garland Waverly Mosley, Jr. – vocals (track 9)
- Ronesha Howard – vocals (track 11)
- K. 'Duddy Ken' Richardson – vocals (track 12)
- W. 'C.I.' White – vocals (track 16)
- Cedric 'Bo Hagin' Leonard – vocals (track 17)
- Kelvin 'Kosha' Seldon – vocals (track 17)
- Charlene L. Keys – backing vocals (tracks: 2, 4)
- Gerald 'Geo' Hall – backing vocals (tracks: 6, 17), producer (track 17), recording (tracks: 6, 13, 17)
- Jason Sylvain – backing vocals (track 13)
- Scott Storch – keyboards (tracks: 4, 5, 8), clavinet (track 15)
- William Ed Pettaway Jr. – guitar (track 4)
- William 'Billy' Odum – guitar (track 7)
- Charlie Bereal – additional guitar (track 4)
- Aaron Ellis Mills – bass (track 7)
- Larry Gold – cello (tracks: 1, 9)
- Alexander Leen – viola (tracks: 1, 9)
- Emma Kummrow – violin (tracks: 1, 9)
- Gloria Stock – violin (tracks: 1, 9)
- Shannon 'Fat Shan' Houchins – producer (tracks: 3, 6, 12, 13, 16, 18), mixing & recording (tracks: 6, 12, 13, 16, 18), mixing (track 17), executive producer
- Organized Noize – producer (tracks: 7, 15)
- Manuel 'Khalifani' Morris – producer (tracks: 10, 14)
- 'Senator' Jimmy Douglass – mixing (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7-9, 11, 15)
- 'Captain' James Majors – mixing & recording (track 3)
- Josh Butler – mixing (tracks: 6, 13)
- Jarvis Blackshear – mixing (tracks: 10, 14)
- Sean 'Shyboy' Davis – recording (tracks: 7, 15)
- Steve Penny – recording (track 15), engineering (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11)
- Jeff Kanan – assistant engineering (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11)
- Chris Gehringer – mastering
- Mozart Timadeas – executive producer
- Doug Kaye – co-executive producer
- Eric Spence – co-executive producer
- Marcus Spence – co-executive producer
- Michele Robinson – co-executive producer
- Drew FitzGerald – art direction
- Ian Alexander – A&R
- Bobby Stamps – management
|German Albums (Offizielle Top 100)||93|
|US Billboard 200||3|
|US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard)||3|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- ^Basham, David (April 11, 2002). 'Got Charts? When First-Timers Debut Big – Ashanti, Tweet, Britney, Eminem & More'. MTV. Viacom. Retrieved October 13, 2010.
- ^'Gold & Platinum - RIAA'. Recording Industry Association of America. November 30, 2001. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- ^ abErlewine, Stephen Thomas. 'Dark Days, Bright Nights - Bubba Sparxxx'. AllMusic. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- ^ abBrowne, David (October 15, 2001). 'Dark Days, Bright Nights'. Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- ^Q, Wise (October 18, 2001). 'Bubba Sparxxx - Dark Days, Bright Nights'. HipHopDX. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- ^ abCalendar Writers (November 22, 2001). 'Choices From the Charts'. Los Angeles Times. Tribune Publishing. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- ^ abEmpire, Kitty (September 12, 2005). 'Bubba Sparxxx : Dark Days, Bright Nights'. NME. IPC Media. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- ^ abBottomley, Maurice (October 8, 2001). 'Bubba Sparxxx: Dark Days, Bright Nights'. PopMatters. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- ^ abJuon, Steve 'Flash' (October 9, 2001). 'Feature for October 9, 2001: Bubba Sparxxx's 'Dark Days, Bright Nights''. RapReviews. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- ^Brackett, Nathan; Christian Hoard (2004). The Rolling Stone Album Guide. New York City, New York: Simon and Schuster. p. 114. ISBN0-7432-0169-8.
- ^Couch, N. Bedford (November 27, 2001). 'Self-Hating Hicks'. The Village Voice. The Village Voice LLC. Retrieved July 16, 2011.
- ^'Bubba Sparxxx'. WhoSampled. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- ^'Offiziellecharts.de – Bubba Sparxxx – Dark Days, Bright Nights' (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- ^'Bubba Sparxxx Chart History (Billboard 200)'. Billboard. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- ^'Bubba Sparxxx Chart History (Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums)'. Billboard. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- ^'American album certifications – Bubba Sparxxx – Dark Days, Bright Nights'. Recording Industry Association of America.If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.
Dark Days, Bright Nights at Discogs (list of releases)
- © 2019 Rhapsody International Inc. All rights reserved.Napster and the Napster logo are registered trademarks of Rhapsody International Inc.
AlbumPlay on Napster
AlbumPlay on Napster
About This Album
About This Album
Latest albums by Bubba Sparxxx
Cavo Bright Nights Dark Days
© 2019 Rhapsody International Inc.
269-m1_decrypted.bin. © 2019 Rhapsody International Inc. All rights reserved.Napster and the Napster logo are registered trademarks of Rhapsody International Inc.