Aug 3, 2017 - Allstar/Allister Garage Door Openers 110995 We have an Allister II garage door opener that seller as I have received used product with out manual! I recently purchased a home with an Allister Type II-A Garage door opener. Need help with Allister Type IIA garage door opener. Cracked site down. Jan 27, 2012 - Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold. Did you use the manual release to unlatch the door from the opener?Hide thumbs
Allister Type Iia
Allister Type Iia11121314
Allister Type Iia Manual15161718192021222324
- Quick Links:
Related Manuals for Allstar 3000
- Garage Door Opener Allstar MVP Installation And Owner's ManualResidential vehicular garage door operator (20 pages)
- Garage Door Opener Allstar 6000 Installation And Owner's ManualResidential vehicular garage door operator 6000 series (24 pages)
- Garage Door Opener Allstar AUD-S Installation And Owner's ManualAu series with solid state control circuitry drawbar commercial vehicular door operators (24 pages)
- Garage Door Opener Allstar MH5011S Installation And Owner's ManualMs series jackshaft commercial vehicular door operators (20 pages)
- Garage Door Opener Allstar CHALLENGER AC9300 Installation And Owner's ManualResidential vehicular garage door operator (24 pages)
- Garage Door Opener Allstar SUPER BELT MVP-SB Installation And Owner's ManualResidential vehicular garage door opener (20 pages)
- Garage Door Opener Allstar LT 50 Installation And Owner's ManualCommercial vehicular garage door operator for 10 ft and 12 ft high sectional doors and one piece doors with track (24 pages)
Summary of Contents for Allstar 3000
- Page 1 INSTALLER: Place this manual in the plastic envelope provided and permanently attach to the wall near the pushbutton. INSTALLATION AND OWNER’S MANUAL 3000 SERIES Residential Vehicular Garage Door Operator MODELS: 3000, 3500, 3500-P & J3500 107063 READ THIS MANUAL Serial #: Date Installed: CAREFULLY BEFORE Your Dealer:..
Page 2: Table Of ContentsTABLE OF CONTENTS Product Features .........2 Component Identification/Tools Required .....4 Section A: Assembly Instructions ......5 Section B: Installation Notes .......6 Section C: Installing the Operator ......7 Identify Your Door Type.......7 Mounting the Front Bracket......8 Mounting the Power Head ......9 Door Arm Installation.......10 Pushbutton Connection......11 Section D: Auxiliary Equipment......13 Installation of All-Clear .......13..
Page 3: Product FeaturesPRODUCT FEATURES The purpose Connections Continuously Monitored of this booklet is to provide assembly, Auxiliary Entrapment Protection Devices: installation and operation information concerning Allstar Residential Garage Door Openers and related Accessory Allstar All-Clear™ Photosystem (light beam across the door opening) can be easily connected to the Opener. Products.
Page 4: Component Identification/tools RequiredCOMPONENT IDENTIFICATION DRIVE CHAIN TROLLEY OUTER HALF DOOR ARMS MASTER LINKS OPENER HEAD UNIT CHAIN SECTIONAL ONE-PIECE GUARD DOORS DOORS WALL MOUNTING BRACKET DOOR MOUNTING BRACKETS TEE RAIL CHAIN LIMIT RUBBER BUMPER W AR N I N G FRONT IDLER Child can be pinned under automatic garage door.
Page 5: Section A: Assembly InstructionsASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS If Your Opener Is Supplied Fully Assembled, Please Disregard This Page. NOTE: The Tee Rail/Chain Assembly is packaged separately from the Power Unit. 104363 The Inner Trolley half, Front Idler Sprocket, Chain, Restraining Device and Limit Cams are assembled on the Tee Rail at the factory. Follow the steps outlined below to complete assembly prior to installation.
Page 6: Section B: Installation NotesIMPORTANT INSTALLATION TO REDUCE THE RISK OF SEVERE INJURY WARNING! OR DEATH: READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS! WARNING: AN UNBALANCED DOOR OR • REINFORCE LIGHTWEIGHT FIBERGLASS, THAT STICKS BINDS ALUMINUM AND STEEL DOOR TOP SECTIONS PREVENT SENSING SYSTEM FROM TO AVOID DAMAGE AND TO INSURE PROPER WORKING PROPERLY, CAUSING INJURY OR OPERATION..
Page 7: Section C: Installing The OperatorINSTALLING THE OPERATOR IMPORTANT! IDENTIFY YOUR DOOR TYPE FROM THOSE ILLUSTRATED BELOW AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS FOR THAT TYPE OF DOOR 104367 104368 ONE PIECE DOOR SECTIONAL DOOR ONE PIECE DOOR ONE PIECE DOOR HORIZONTAL TRACK CURVED TRACK NO TRACK NO TRACK JAMB HARDWARE PIVOT HARDWARE JAMB HARDWARE..
Page 8: Mounting The Front BracketINSTALLING THE OPERATOR 104370 STEP 1A: Mounting the Front Bracket — One Header Bracket Piece Doors Without Track: Mark a vertical centerline on the header above the door. Manually raise the door to its high arc position and temporarily clamp Bracket Distance Above Floor (See Chart) in that position.
Page 9: Mounting The Power HeadINSTALLING THE OPERATOR STEP 2: Raise the Tee Rail so that the Front Idler Bracket and Front Mounting Bracket align. Insert bolt and tighten nut loosely for now. Later in the installation, this nut must be tightened securely. STEP 3 —..
Page 10: Door Arm InstallationINSTALLING THE OPERATOR FIBERGLASS, ALUMINUM OR LIGHTWEIGHT STEEL GARAGE DOORS WILL REQUIRE REINFORCEMENT BEFORE CAUTION! INSTALLATION OF DOOR MOUNTING BRACKET. CONTACT YOUR DOOR MANUFACTURER FOR A REINFORCEMENT KIT STEP 6: DOOR ARM CONNECTION AND INSTALLATION NOTE: If the door is of light construction it may be necessary to reinforce the center stile with steel angle or wood to prevent damage to the door if it encounters an obstruction on closing.
Page 11: Pushbutton ConnectionINSTALLING THE OPERATOR STEP 7: Tie a double overhand knot in one end of the Emergency Release Rope and slip the other end through the red Release Handle, the Release Instruction Card, and the hole at the end of the Release Lever on the Trolley. Tie a second double overhand knot in the free end, adjusting the Rope so that the Red Handle is 6 FT above the floor.
- Page 12 INSTALLING THE OPERATOR STEP 9: Consult the label on the rear panel of the Opener to determine its proper working voltage. Normally it will be marked for 115V, 60 cycle operation. (If it is an export model designed for 220V, 50 cycle operation, the label will clearly indicate this.) The Opener must be plugged into a properly grounded receptacle within 3 FT of the Power Unit.
Page 13: Section D: Auxiliary EquipmentAUXILIARY EQUIPMENT AN AUTOMATIC GARAGE DOOR SYSTEM POSES A THREAT OF INJURY OR EVEN DEATH. INSTALL THE ALL-CLEAR PHOTOSYSTEM NO HIGHER THAN 4” - 6” WARNING ABOVE THE GARAGE FLOOR TO REDUCE THE RISK TO SMALL CHILDREN. RISK OF ENTRAPMENT. DISCONNECT POWER TO THE OPENER BEFORE AND DURING INSTALLATION OF THIS ACCESSORY.
- Page 14 INSTALLING THE OPERATOR 104383 STEP 4 : Final Installation A. Attach the'U' brackets to the 'L' brackets with a 1/4-20 carriage bolt, washer and hex nut (provided). Insert the bolt from the inside of the 'U' bracket and hand tighten only at this time. B.
Page 15: Installation Of Radio ControlsAUXILIARY EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION OF RADIO CONTROLS: The following instructions detail installation of Allstar Model 9931 Radio Controls. For other Radio models, see instructions packaged with product. 104384 104385 104386 CODING BLOCK: Transmitter TRANSMITTER: To gain access to the RECEIVER: The Receiver Coding Receiver Coding Switches are contained Transmitter Coding Switches, remove the Switches can be accessed by removing..
Page 16: Installation Of Deluxe Wall StationAUXILIARY EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION OF DELUXE WALL STATION The Allstar Plus Deluxe Wall Station is an optional accessory designed to work with any Allstar 3000 Series Operator. Connection to any other operator may damage the operator and/or Wall Station. Only connect one operator to each Wall Station. Do not connect more than one Wall Station to an Operator.
Page 17: Section F: Operation And Adjustment InstructionsOPERATION AND ADJUSTMENT INSTRUCTIONS IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS TO REDUCE THE RISK OF SEVERE INJURY OR WARNING DEATH, READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS! • NEVER let children operate or play with door controls. Keep the Remote Control away from children. • ALWAYS keep a moving door in sight and keep people and objects away from the door area until the door is completely closed.
Page 18: Testing The SensitivityOPERATION AND ADJUSTMENT INSTRUCTIONS STEP 2: Adjusting the Sensitivity Force — Sensitivity System force adjustment screws are located on the side rails of the Power Unit and can easily be adjusted with a screwdriver. Turn the screws CLOCKWISE for more force and COUNTERCLOCKWISE for less force.
Page 19: Testing The All-clearOPERATION AND ADJUSTMENT INSTRUCTIONS A DAMAGED OR MALFUNCTIONING PHOTOELECTRIC ACCESSORY SYSTEM COULD ENABLE A GARAGE DOOR TO CLOSE ON PEOPLE OR PROPERTY, CAUSING SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. PERFORM THIS TEST MONTHLY TO ENSURE YOUR ALL-CLEAR IS WORKING PROPERLY. 104393 STEP 5: Testing the All-Clear™ Photosystem — Start the door in the close travel direction and then place an obstacle approximately 8'..
Page 20: Operator Wiring DiagramOPERATOR WIRING DIAGRAM..
Page 21: Auxiliary Equipment Wiring DiagramWIRING AUXILIARY EQUIPMENT SERIES CONNECTION (RECEIVER FIRST) 102121 Your Allstar Residential Garage Door Opener is furnished with an enhanced All-Clear™ Photosystem. New features include: Time-Saving Electrical Connections. No screw terminals! Just strip the ends of the wires back 5/16 inch and plug them into the self-locking connector.
Page 22: Installation ChecklistINSTALLATION CHECKLIST BEFORE PLACING DOOR OPERATOR IN REGULAR SERVICE, MAKE SURE THAT: 1. THE FRONT AND REAR MOUNTS FOR THE OPENER ARE SOUND AND SECURE AND THE RAIL IS POSITIONED CORRECTLY ABOVE THE HIGH ARC OF THE DOOR, AND THAT THE OPENER IS POSITIONED OVER THE DOOR ACTION CENTERLINE.
Page 23: Troubleshooting GuideTROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE USE EXTREME CAUTION AT ALL TIMES WHEN ATTEMPTING TO DIAGNOSE AND RECTIFY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR GARAGE DOOR OPENER. BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY SERVICE ON UNIT, DISCONNECT OPENER FROM POWER SUPPLY. YOUR GARAGE DOOR IS THE LARGEST MOVING OBJECT IN YOUR HOUSE, AND THE SPRINGS, PULLEYS, CABLES AND MOUNTING HARDWARE UTILIZED TO BALANCE ITS OPERATION ARE UNDER EXTREME TENSION AT ALL TIMES AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY, EVEN DEATH, IF DISTURBED.
- Page 24 Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty Allstar warrants its garage door operators as follows: A. The drive chain to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for: 3500-P Series - The entire period of ownership by the original purchaser 3000/3500 Series - for 10 years from the date of purchase by the original purchaser. The drive chain includes the motor, motor pulley, drive shaft and sprocket, and chain.